photo home_zpsc8caf559.jpg photo meettheteacher_zpsfd51474c.jpg photo shop_zps7be86085.jpg photo contact_zpsd85dcf04.jpg

1.05.2013

New Year, New Goals

♡ 2013 Resolutions ♡
Source

Happy New Year!


I hope 2013 is off to a great start for each and every one of you! Today I am dropping by not to share my New Years Resolutions, but the goals that I have set for myself for 2013. New Years Resolutions are typically broken, however, goals are something that you can work towards and improve throughout the year.


2013 Goals


{Grow In My Relationship With God}

I've always went to church every Sunday and I've attempted to read my Bible daily, but this year I want to spend more time in prayer, reading the Bible, and doing a daily devotional.

{Find A Healthier Version Of Myself}

This past semester I struggled with being sick all the time. My sickness took a toll on myself, my relationships, and my school work. I finally decided that it was my bodies way of telling me I needed to be taking better care of myself. This year, I am going to eat healthy daily and exercise at least 3 days a week. After all, 1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20 says "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

{Budget, Budget, Budget!}

This is a goal I'm implementing for both Cody and I. We've both been taking a closer look at our finances and realized that we are spending way to much money on eating out and other random purchases. This year we are going to set a budget, stick to it,  and put what we save into savings for the future.

{Debt Free Is The Way To Be!}

I mentioned here that I have a $1,750 student loan from the previous college I attended. I'm technically not suppose to pay it back until after I graduate, however, throughout the year I know I can gather the money to pay it off this year. My goal is to have my student loan payed off as well as have a $0 balance on my credit card as well as Cody's credit cards by the end of the year.

{Create 5 Math And Literacy Units For Teachers Pay Teachers}

I am currently working on an Easter math and literacy unit, but I've run into a few obstacles. Like many teachers, I am not yet familiar with the new Common Core Standards. I've written many lesson plans this past semester, but my teachers have asked us to use GPS (Georgia Performance Standards) for our lessons, therefore, I haven't had much practice with Common Core. Another obstacle I've faced is the lack of curriculum or a pacing guide to use as a guide to create these units. I'm not yet a teacher so I'm unsure of what the pacing is in kindergarten for certain skills that are present in Common Core standards. If you have any comments or suggestions for me I would love to hear them!

{Be The Best Student Teacher I Can Be}

I will be beginning my student teaching in August and I couldn't be more excited!

{Plan/Schedule Blog Posts A Week In Advance}

Have any of you noticed that I'm here and there in my blogging? You may read a post from me at 8:00 in the morning or you may read one at 11:00 at night. The truth is that I blog everywhere! If I find myself waiting on Cody to get out of class, waiting on my next class to begin, or whenever I have a spare minute I blog. I want to be better about blogging on a schedule instead of on a whim in 2013!

{Blog With A Purpose}

I want my blog to focus on quality instead of quantity in 2013!

{Catch Up On My Scrapbooking}

I began scrapbooking over the summer as a way to hold on to the memories of the different places Cody and I visited and I've fallen terribly behind. This year I am going to edit all of my picture, have them printed, and complete my scrapbook.

{Rest And Relax In The LORD}

I tend to stress and worry about everything no matter how big or small. I've stressed and worried to the point that it was affecting my health. In 2013, I'm going to take the words of the LORD in Psalm 62: 5 - 8 "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him. Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

What are your goals for 2013?

I'm linking up here today!
 photo PostSignature_zps782a7ed0.jpg

20 comments:

  1. Great resolutions! I'm so jealous that you only have a $1,750 loan! I have more like $17,500 each year!

    I wrote about a great CCSS resource called Read Tennessee on my blog today. You should check it out!

    I can't wait to start student teaching too! I start in May and then am off for the summer and fully student teach for the fall semester. I am very excited to hear about your journey as well!

    I want to start TPT but I am having trouble keeping up with just making freebies each week! I think that I will probably wait until I am finished with student teaching to open up a store.

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I can't imagine having a loan that large each year. :/ I checked out your post on Read Tennessee and I agree it is a great resource! Good luck to you in your adventure in student teaching and eventually opening your TPT store. I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh... have you ever looked up the definition of refuge? If not I highly recommend it! Brings so much more meaning to the verse!

    Pretty sure catch up on scrapbooking is always on my list. :) Sadly I haven't done it in forever because I am busy with photography and sewing and crocheting.

    My daughter is in Kindergarten and I have become great friends with her teacher. I will pass on your question and see if she would be interested in giving you some pointers on that.

    Hooray for debt free! I was debt free for over four year and then we bought our house. I'm working on becoming debt free again! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not looked up the definition of refuge, but I will definitely be doing it as soon as I finish up here! I wish you the best of luck with becoming debt free again. :) Just keep your eye on the prize and I know you can do it!

      Delete
  3. Love your goals! The budgeting thing is hard, because something always comes up and there are always those small things that add up, but It still makes me feel good if I have a set budget...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, the budgeting is hard, but I try to budget for those little things that come up as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hurray for being debt free! My husband worked like a maniac to pay off his student loans within the first year of graduating, and it was so worth it afterwards, to not constantly have to worry about paying the loans every month and accumulating interest. I hope you have an excellent year!!
    And scheduling blog posts ahead of time is so awesome and convenient--I've been doing it ever since I figured out that you could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that your husband payed off his student loans so fast. I hope you are having a great 2013! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love the new years resolutions--- especially the first one :)

    xo, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sounds like great goals! I like the blog with a purpose one! Thanks for linking up and I can't read more of your blog! xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren and thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  7. great goals! debt free is the way to be. we are almost debt free (besides our mortgage) i took out student loans... soon they will be gone!!

    i am a new follower and i am so glad to be here :) www.bethjoyridings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that your on your way to being debt free as well! I'm so glad to have you as a new follower. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Lauren,

    hope you have wonderful 2013 so far!!
    i think you have a lovey blog, my goals are: to find new blog i'll love to read, to blog more regular,..

    Your newest follower,
    Audrey

    fashionhightea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Audrey! I hope you are having a wonderful 2013 as well. I'm so glad to have you following along! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Hi, Lauren! You have some awesome goals for this year. I look forward to reading about them throughout the coming months! Your goal to be debt free is so fantastic; good for you. I'm your newest follower :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine! I am so glad to have you as my newest follower! I hope you enjoy my blog. :)

      Delete